Trauma Focussed Practice for the front-line worker
Facilitated by Theresa Fraser (CV Attached).
This 8- hour training is a hybrid training.
Participants will discuss compassion fatigue, burnout and compassion satisfaction
- Participants will discuss the effects of early childhood trauma on brain development integrating an attachment and developmental lens.
- Participants will identify various types of abuse and trauma including intergenerational trauma
- Screening tools that can be utilized in a shelter environment will be reviewed.
- Participants will be provided a framework for understanding the implications of neglect, chaotic and violent environments on behavioural presentations across the lifespan
- Participants will identify the 7 aspects of trauma that impact substance misuse
- Participants will apply (using case examples) trauma focussed practice approaches based on the integration of neurological, trauma, attachment and developmental perspectives
- The Circle of Courage model (Brendto , Brokenleg, Martin, 2002) will be introduced as a resiliency model